5 Autumn Season Must-have’s
by Jade Barkett, Wellbeing Manager.
- Food-State Vitamin C & Bioflavonoids: As the weather gets colder, everyone seems to be sick. Daily commute’s make us very susceptible to picking up germs, so ensure your immune system is firing on all cylinders! Wild Nutrition’s Vitamin C and Bioflavonoids is produced in a citrus pulp providing all you need for maximum effect on the body and reducing the need for mega-dosing as absorption is so efficient in its food-state form. The antioxidant effects of Vitamin C maintain a healthy immune system and are even greater when accompanied by natural flavonoid molecules.
- Yoga: Inversions are known to stimulate the lymphatic system and provide an overall boost to the body. Sign up to a dynamic flow or more restorative yoga class to get moving and inverting! You do not need to stand on your head to achieve the effects so don’t be discouraged – simply by placing your legs above your head against a wall or in happy baby you can reap the benefits.
- Seasonal Produce: Incorporating these into your diet has benefits for both your health and the environment. Seasonal produce is allowed to grow and ripen properly and without the use of expensive greenhouses, GM crops and pesticide chemicals. This means that most is grown organically, ensuring the maximum amount of nutrients are retained. Try and incorporate the following fruits and vegetables into your daily recipes: apples, aubergines, beetroot, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, courgettes, grapes, lettuce, marrow, mushrooms, parsnips, potatoes, squash, tomatoes, watercress. At Grace our menus are aligned with the seasons, incorporating local and fresh produce into our dishes, for example the Chargrilled Aubergine and Courgette Salad with Red Pepper Hummus is perfect!
- Cosy Clothing: Wrap up in our new Vaara collection, which can now be found in the Atelier. With knitted cashmere ponchos and sweaters you can beat the Autumn chill comfortably, easing yourself into winter. Vaara’s items are made of a carefully selected blend of performance fabrics, sophisticated cashmere knits and laid back essentials that are all designed to deliver maximum comfort and complement the female silhouette.
- Gift ideas: Christmas is around the corner, even Advent calendars are starting to pop up, already! At Grace there is no need to feel the pressure as the Atelier is stocked with many gift ideas. Choose a scent that means something to someone with our Mindful Senses candles, which aim to achieve the ‘states’ most necessary in our hurried world. Each candle is thoughtfully formulated with the highest quality essential and precious oils for optimum results. The senses vary from deep spicy & woody scents such as ‘Heroic’ to light, fresh smells such as ‘Healthy’. We also stock a lovely collection of Fine Bone China; it is 100% British and features very trendy designs. A Grace Sunday Spa Experience or Guest Day Pass with treatment is an ideal gift for a friend, mother or daughter if you are looking for more experience based options.